Long time no post!!
Well it will be worth the wait as I am back with some fantastic posts for a healthier & younger YOU!
This one’s epic! If you want to gift your self one super food ‘Salmon” should be it.
It has tremendous benefits for your hair, skin and overall health mainly because of the Omega 3 fatty acids.
I had been suffering from excessive hair loss, acne scars & rheumatism (pain in the body’s bones) for a while a year ago. I had been on medication & had tried everything I Could. Rheumatism in particular was killing me with tremendous pain in my rib cage, ankles, knees etc. I had been on medication & ointments but the relief was temporary. Hence I Started my research on super foods that could tackle almost every health problem we have and add great deal to our beauty. This lead me to find this great ‘Omega 3’.
It took me 3 months to stop my hair loss, & rheumatism pain. In addition I also developed great skin, scar healed faster than I could imagine, complexion improved and overall health became great.
There are a few more sources of Omega-3 like: fish, walnuts, broccoli, and edamame, green soy beans that are often steamed and served in the pod, but the most healthy & popular one is ‘salmon fish oil’. I know in India fresh Salmon fish is hard to find, so for your rescue is the Salmon fish oil Omega 3 Capsules by Amway. There are other brands too but I Love this one as my body behaves well with it plus Amway has a good reputation of its supplements.
Price : Rs.1350/- for 60 softgel capsules
Dosage: I have one capsule every alternate day after breakfast.
Here are some benefits of this Salmon Oil capsule containing omega 3 fatty acids:
1.The Good Fat
Studies suggest they help lower the risk of heart disease. They may also protect against depression, dementia, cancer, and arthritis. Omega-3s are also found in walnuts & spinach – but the health benefits can differ greatly from one source to another.
2. Fights Disease
Omega-3 fatty acids help fight disease by reducing inflammation in the blood vessels, joints, and elsewhere in the body. At high doses they also lower the risk for an abnormal heart rhythm and reduce unhealthy fats in the bloodstream known as triglycerides. Finally, they can slow plaque build-up inside the blood vessels.
3. Healthy heart
As noted, salmon contains high levels of the omega-3 fats, EPA and DHA. These fats are responsible for many cardiovascular benefits such as reducing inflammation, keeping the blood from clotting excessively and relaxing and dilating the arteries. When eaten 2-3 times per week, salmon can protect you from problems such as heart attack, stroke, arrhythmia, high blood pressure and high triglycerides.
4. Beneficial in the treatment of osteoarthritis and other inflammatory joint conditions.
Salmon contains small proteins called bioactive peptides. One in particular, called calcitonin, has been shown to increase, regulate and stabilize collagen synthesis in human osteoarthritic cartilage. This salmon-found protein also improves bone density and strength.
5. Makes you smarter and happier.
The brain is 60 percent fat and most of that is the omega-3 fatty acid DHA. Thirty percent of the grey matter in the brain is DHA showing how critical it is to brain function and a healthy nervous system. Eating salmon regularly has been shown to reduce the risk and incidence of depression, hostility in young adults and cognitive decline in the elderly.
6. Protects your eyes. Eating salmon twice a week has been shown to significantly decrease the risk of macular degeneration — a chronic eye condition that leads to loss of vision. For the treatment and prevention of a condition called dry eye syndrome, eat 2-4 servings per week.
7. Helps build children’s brains. Eating salmon while pregnant and nursing can boost learning capability and academic performance in children. Salmon contains high levels of DHA (decosahexaenoic acid) which is the main structural fatty acid in the central nervous system and retina. Feeding salmon to preschool children also aids in the prevention of ADHD and can even boost academic performance.
8. Excellent source of vitamin D. Sufficient vitamin D is crucial to maintaining optimal health. A deficiency of this essential vitamin has been linked to an increased risk of cancer, cardiovascular disease, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis and type-1 diabetes. One can of salmon, for example, contains a day’s worth of vitamin D.
9. Salmon helps you sleep. Salmon is an excellent source of tryptophan, an all-natural sedative. Studies show that tryptophan increases sleepiness in subjects with mild insomnia and helps to shorten the time it takes to fall asleep.
10. Help Skin Hold Moisture
Omega-3 fatty acids are integral to the membranes that make up cell walls. Getting plenty of the fatty acids — through dietary means or by supplement — maintains the integrity of cell walls. In turn, strong cells retain moisture, which can be lost when the surrounding membranes weaken and grow porous. Omega-3 fatty acids not only keep skin soft and supple, but they also combat inflammation, which lies at the heart of several skin disorders.The omega-3s found in salmon lock moisture into skin cells, encouraging the production of strong collagen and elastin fibers, which contribute to more youthful looking skin.
11. Improves Hair Health
Omega-3s have also been known to maintain a good luster of the hair. Omega-3s provide nourishment to hair follicles, helping hair grow healthy and preventing hair loss. A rich supply of proteins is also important for hair growth. The high protein content of salmon helps maintain strong, healthy hair. Salmon oil contains a high amount of omega-3 fatty acids. Salmon also has a high amount of protein as well as B-12 vitamins and iron. According to WebMD dietitians, omega-3 fatty acids are needed to support “scalp health.” Not enough of them can result in a dry scalp and dry hair with a dull look. The fats found in salmon oil help improve the “overall texture”, growth rate of your hair and works to prevent dry, brittle hair.