Let’s admit in these covid times all we can do at the drop of the hat is boost our immunity.
So let get to this really easy & doable immunity tea!
You can make it fresh & have it a couple of times in the day.
Put about 1 litre water in a pan on a medium flame gas & add –
2-4 Tulsi leaves
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1/2 teaspoon Saunf/fennel seeds
2 inch stick of cinnamon/ dalchini
1 teaspoon organic haldi
1/2 teaspoon jeera
1/2 teaspoon ajwain
1 green cardamom/elaichi
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Boil on medium flame for 15 mins. Strain in a cup add 1/4 the lemon & some honey. That’s it!
It’s easy & super great to boost your Immunity, it is even know to clean the liver & clean toxins from our body.
Tell me your experience in the comments below.
Until next time share this with someone you know!
Do follow me on Instagram for some fun stuff.
Considering the situation, no matter where you are in the world this will apply to you too sooner or later.
This self quarintine time can get very overwhelming especially if you have been a very busy bee until Corona.
And an empty mind is a devil’s workshop. So here are my ways that can help you get through this smoothly.
- Be positive, but don’t be in a hurry : it’s important to be positive & hope for the situation to get back to normal ASAP. But counting days is just going to make you more anxious. So prepare your self mentally to live like this for atleast 21 days or more. Don’t be in a rush, it’s better to be late than sorry.
- Stop sharing baseless information: ever since the self-quarintine period has begun, my phone is flooded with so many forwards, videos and pictures that claim to have the cure or the cause or a conspiracy theory about the Corona virus but I have come to realise that most of this content is created to spread more uncertainty, and to just to create a buzz for futile entertainment. So don’t become a part of that or encourage it, break the chain. You don’t need to pay attention to every message on your phone or Internet. Share only positive content.
- Treat house chores like a workout: You’ll have to pay heavy gym membership fee just to get that consistent access to weight training or using the treadmill. Here is your chance to exercise almost all of your muscles, while you add value being home. So correct your stance, position yourself and use this opportunity to make yourself fitter, while you sweep or mop the floor. You can even do squats while you clean the dishes. I will leave it on your creative mind how you fit in some exercises in your daily chores. Treat this as a rigorous fitness training camp that you have enrolled for and come what may you got to finish it and come out to it fitter and healthier.
- Start a long term initiative for the environment: here is a chance to ponder and decide on an initiative that you wish to start from your own home. Something that helps the environment that you live in. Starting an initiative would need you to to chalk out your message, your action plan and how you will set an example to inspire others. It could be about replacing all the plastic with organic materials or it could be about growing your own vegetables or rainwater harvesting for small houses. While you don’t have to get down to real action rightaway but since you have so much time you can plan, study, research about it in detail. You can use this time to experiment, understand and utilise all the resources available to you easily right now.
- Encourage group hobbies : don’t let your kids do colouring alone, don’t let your spouse do the gardening alone. This is very precious time that we have earned only for ourselves with our deeds or not but here is a chance you can do things together, together as a family do the painting together, or baking together. it’s more fun like that, this is the real space from where you will get all your creative ideas and develop stronger bonds with each other. don’t miss out on this opportunity by still running parallel mental schedule, that keeps you away from this joy.
- Save your resources: even though it is said that the quarintine period is only for 21 days. By not over consuming your resources and saving them you can last at least another 15 if need be. Don’t indulge in hobbies or activities that deplete your resources at a faster rate because if that happens you will have to step out of the house to replenish them which is getting riskier by the day. So indulge in activities that do not deplete you of your groceries primarily. Probably baking a cake for 10 people right now may not be a wise idea, try cookies instead.
- Meditate: Even though most of the people are working from home, these are turbulent times causing unexpected anxiety and stress. The worry about the future is hovering over everyone’s minds. Therefore there is no better time than now to start training your mind to stay still for a few minutes. You need to make time for this start with a 10 minute practice of whatever you may like, it could be chanting, listening to meditative music, concentrating on a dot or just simply sitting silent for 10 minutes and letting your mind focus on absolutely nothing. This practice will help you built inner peace & strength, will bring positivity and help you clear your mind of unnecessary thoughts.
- Cleanse the energies: I am a strong believer of the fact that this world is made of all kinds of energies. Times like this make us realise that small actions of positivity can change the stagnant energy around us. Sometimes when things are not working out in our favour the reason behind that is stagnant energy coming from where we eat, sleep and live mostly. So here is your chance to scan your house for things and signs that cause such stagnant negative energy which can be in the form of dust, grime, clutter, over filled drawers & cupboards, spider webs, flower pots with stagnant and unkept soil inside them. These are the spots where mostly the negative energy thrives. You should do a deep cleansing of your house, look for these elements get rid of them. If you have a garden with live plants try and dig up the roots and repot them, mixing all soil together. Just so that there is some fresh air in new soil mix that makes them grow and thrive, declutter your cupboards, hang wind chimes on the exteriors like your balcony or terraces to welcome positive energy, light some incense lamps or agarbatti and don’t forget to light a Diya or candle in your Temple. These are some amazing ways to clear all the negative energy around you, protect yourself from them and welcome all the goodness from the universe into your life and in times like this you need it more than ever.
- Take care of your mental health: With so much uncertainty and negativity floating around things can make us feel anxious and depressed, which further lowers are immunity, because this was a situation we were not prepared to deal with. But now that we are sailing in this boat, our mental health will get us through. Therefore utmost care should be taken to keep your mental health in place and to care for the people who are around us. Do activities, read things, follow people who share positive information because right now that is what we need the most.
Hope this helps you survive the tough times & come out of it like a winner.