We all want to be successful, but Stress is turning out to be our biggest health problem. It often feels like we are always racing against time & tide. Mostly it is also for a simple reason because we have complicated our lives way too much.
We can simplify it almost instantly, while we seek success with these things you can do to simplify your life:
1. Learn the art of time management: it is the most valuable resource, Value it, use it wisely, stop being late or keeping people waiting for you. You make someone wait, someone makes you wait , its a viscous circle and in this whole process you lose so much of valuable time and energy which could have been used doing something else effectively. Some situations are unavoidable I understand, but tackle those which are in your control. Keep a buffer in your schedule for those unavoidable circumstances. A wise man once said Time is everything! So master it, tame it or do whatever you can to use it well.
2. Plan better – planning is a brilliant skill and it can be mastered with practice. Planning process makes you look at your current situation analytically and allows you to figure out a way forward to achieve your goal. It could be something as small as your daily routine or a long holiday or a big career change. Planning let’s you De-clutter and focus on just ‘that’ specific goal. A good plan cuts out the stress of “Now what?”. Great planning requires preemptive thinking which changes the game completely. Start with making a TO DO LIST daily. Trust me, striking off the tasks from that checklist feels awesome !! Any successful person I know of has been there & done that. Yes you don’t have to forget the impromptu element of your life but remember you can’t apply that on everything & Every time.
3. Get healthier: You only live as long as your body & mind let you. So invest time in getting healthy or healthier. We all have at some point felt that we do enough to stay healthy like stopping alcohol intake or going for a walk daily. But how do you know if that is enough for a body & lifestyle like yours? Your body gives you signs listen to them, aim to be your healthiest version, it cant go wrong right?. Eat well & exercise and most importantly sleep well. All of these getting healthy mantras won’t work if you don’t rest your body well. Don’t complicate the process too much. A healthy mind & body will help you achieve your goals faster and alongside enjoy every minute of your life. Someone once told me that we all want to be successful, but we must also want to be able to enjoy our success.
4. De-clutter big time: With technology taking over our lives we struggle between a digital & a Normal life and maintaining that balance. Don’t get consumed with all these new offers new deals, new accounts, apps, networking sites & new bank cards. Simplify your life try to keep one email id, one bank account, One credit card and watch how free you feel. I am in the process of doing this and it feels liberating. The point is not to do what I am doing but instead do things that reduce your work & stress. Cut the nonsense out , whether it’s things, habits or people. Don’t get sucked into the trend of so many to choose from, it doesn’t work for everyone in fact most of the time it leaves you more confused than ever.
5. Re-invent yourself: Pick up a new hobby or activity, get out of that mundane life. Each time we try to learn something new we span out of our comfort zone. It’s liberating for our minds. Freeing ourselves and exploring new aspects of our own self. Yoga, Art, music or dance are catalysts in fighting stress and a wholesome mental development.And you definitely need a healthy mind to succeed faster & better.A better version of ourselves always propels us ahead in life.
That’s all for now, Stay happy stay inspired!